Monday, November 9, 2009

Why do I suck so bad this yr?

I just found out my results for Wayne Scott cross. 39th out of 44. WFT? This is really getting frustrating. Last yr I was finishing near mid pack, but I was feeling burnt out, so I tried to train smarter this yr and dial it back a bit. I'm now finishing worse than last yr. I FEEL better, but either the competition has gotten that much better, or I'm slower. It may be a combo of the 2, or maybe turning 50 has something to do with it. I don't know.
FWIW-the course was great, it was a beautiful day, and I had fun. But is does suck to finish that far back.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

for what its worth I was lapped in the B race at Spring Mtn on Sunday....

NVdK said...

Thanks. You can share in my misery. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Mark - because you are still trying NOT to suck i.e. you still suck.

Seriously, I was having a similar conversation with somone else today. He feels his performance is staying the same if not improving, but he is dropping in the results. It is a strange year. Hell, yesterday I beat the guy that won Kelley Acres. He got 32nd! Must be the flu.

All I can say is keep training!

Thor

bluedog18 said...

I was thinking the same thing as thor, you sux. Nah, I have to say your form looks better and you don't look like you're in as much pain as last season.

NVdK said...

Mebbe that's the problem-I'm not pushing myself as hard. I SHOULD be in pain.

FishrCutB8 said...

Your seat's too high.





Powered By Blogger