Friday, May 23, 2008

Bicycle errand boy today.

Today is my day to take it easy. 2 weeks of intervals and my legs are SORE. Had to get my hair cut and get some more coffee and the sun finally came out today so it was on the Gitane and off I went. It took me 15 minutes to get to Houser's house of hair (10 or so by car, wtf??), wore my nylon cargo shorts over my bike shorts so as not to raise any more eyebrows. Got done there in 20 minutes or so and then headed off past Cedar Cliff over to Sugar Mama's for some beans. Took a while but finally got a pound each of reg and decaf. Yumm. Headed home and after all was said and done, it took me about 1.5 hrs. Driving would have shaved off maybe 10-15 minutes. Almost 11 miles, so that's 1/2 gal of gas saved, and at this point,, that's almost 2 bucks. I'll be doing more of this. Plus my legs are feeling much better now after that fairly easy spin.

No comments:





Powered By Blogger